The third edition of Chinese Made Easy (Books1-4) is written for elementary grade 5 or 6 students and high school and university students who are learning Chinese as a foreign/ second language.
This series is also designed for young students taking exams such as SATⅡ, IGCSE, IB, HSK, or for those students who are starting to learn Chinese on their own. Here is a table for reference:
IGCSE Foreign Language(UK)
IGCSE Second Language(UK), HSK Levels1-5(China),AP(US),SAT(US)
HSK Level 6(China), IB BS Level, IB BH Level
This series will introduce approximately 1800 characters.
The textbook and workbook are separate for books1-4, and are combined for books5-7.
Topics explored in the series: Personal introduction, Appearance and personality, School subjects and facilities, Social relationships, Food and health, Entertainment and tourism, Communication and media, Environment, Technology, Customs, traditions and festivals, Global issues Chinese geography and history
The series includes:
TTextbook, Workbook, Teacher’s book, word cards, picture cards, additional exercises, and digital resources.
Audio recordings of new words, texts, rhymes and listening exercises are available for download from the publisher’s website.
The course features:
- A wide variety of texts and practice materials
- Up-date topics relevant to young students’lives
- Careful pacing for gradual progress in language skills
- Clearly focused goals and each unit
- Practical tasks and activities to practice using the language
- Regular consolidation and reinforcement of learning
- Language materials presented in a fun and interesting way
- Clear and colorful page design
- Both simplified and traditional Chinese script in the vocabulary list